Ask the Sleuth
Q: I received an email that my TrueLog logs are ready for download. Internet Explorer keeps timing out. What can I do?
A: TrueLogs are best downloaded with an FTP program. FileZilla is a free program we recommend. Install the FTP client from https://filezilla-project.org.
Q: What is a Raster Well Log?
MJ’s raster well logs are industry standard g4 compression .tif files. All industry applications for geoscientists accept our raster well logs.
Q: What sets MJ’s LAS files apart from the competition?
MJ’s digitized LAS curves are of the highest quality due to the following:
- Finest original source logs – MJ’s raster well logs were created from the original source documents using MJ’s industry leading QC procedures.
- MJ’s accurate depth registrations – done for all logs by highly trained and experienced staff.
- Most complete LAS Header Information.
- Standard digitizing sample rate is per 0.5 feet but can be customized as per customer’s request.
- Industry leading LAS curve production QC procedures, including
- All LAS curves overlaid on raster well logs for optimum quality assurance.
- All curves go through a three-step quality control process and are validated for LAS standards.
- Include the full interval of the curves selected.
- The LAS curves are application ready.
MJ also provides significant added value to its LAS curve customers as follows:
- All runs of a curve are merged into a single curve. This significantly reduces a user’s cost, work load and duplication of coverage.
- No additional charge for corrections that need to be done.
- Custom curve selection – you only pay for the curves you want (not every possible curve available)
- MJ offers its customers excellent Customer Support from experienced Customer Service staff.
- Highest quality digitization
Q: Why are MJ’s depth registrations so accurate?
MJ provides depth registrations (depth calibrations) for all raster well logs in the library. We do not just depth register top and bottom of the well log, utilizing the extensive data recorded by the MJ registration process, we straighten and correct for scale over the full length of registered depth intervals.
Q. What is the difference between TrueLog and LogSleuth Format of the raster well logs?
The format of the two are basically the same – MJ’s high quality depth registrations allow for each of the options to be straightened and corrected for scale. TrueLog comes to you in an application ready format.
LogSleuth option needs an extra step to be ready for your chosen application. It is exported out of our LogSleuth program and imported into your application of choice.
Q: What is a Club Web?
A: Club Web is a prepaid one year subscription to order wells as a customer needs them. At a reduced rate, either raster wells or LAS can be ordered one at time or many at a time. They can be ordered in any area MJ has coverage and customized for their use.
Ask your question and we will respond promptly